SALMON FISH CAKES TOPPED WITH DILL & YOGHURT DRESSING(Serves 4)
- 450g Potatoes, cut into chunks
- 350g Salmon (about 3 fillets)
- 2 tsp Tomato sauce - I substituted fresh diced
- 1 tsp English mustard
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- 1 tbsp Chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp Chopped dill
- 3 tbsp Plain flour - GF option: ground oat flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 100g Dried breadcrumbs GF option - roasted ground chic peas (garbanzo beans)
- 4 tbsp Sunflower oil
- Place the potatoes in a pan of water and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes until tender. Drain and leave to steam-dry, then mash.
- Season the salmon and grill for 5-6 minutes until just cooked. Cool for a few minutes, then break into large flakes.
- Mix together the mashed potato, tomato sauce, mustard, herbs and some seasoning.
- Gently mix in the salmon, taking care not to break it up too much. Shape into 4 large fish cakes.
- Put the flour, egg and breadcrumbs in separate shallow dishes. Dip the cakes in the flour, dust off any excess, then dip in the egg, and finally coat in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Fry the cakes over a medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes each side until deep golden and heated through.
- Dress and serve with dill and Danone Nutriday plain yoghurt.
For more great recipes, check out our Eat, Drink, Travel section.